As a Gentle Sleep Coach ® , I am dedicated to help parents and children get a restful night’s sleep using the methods developed by Kim West, LCSW (aka The Sleep Lady).Â
My services are subject to agreeing to, in writing, the following terms and conditions.
1) My Services. I offer an initial consultation so we can meet and discuss your child’s sleep patterns and living environment. I request that you complete a Client History form and return it to me at least 2 days prior to our appointment. Your timely return of the Client History form is essential so that I have the background information I need to adequately prepare for our meeting. During the consultation I will ask you for any other information you would like to share that will help me create a plan to improve your child’s sleep, discuss the Gentle Sleep approach, and answer any questions you may have. After the initial consultation, I also offer a number of short follow up phone calls and emails specified by the package you choose. During these follow ups, I will review your sleep log, provide additional support to you, answer your questions, and discuss possible changes to the initial plan. Usually these follow ups are spread out over 2 to 3 weeks. Follow up phone calls and emails are to be used within three months of your start date. Unused follow up calls will not be refunded.
2) Your Role. Your participation is important for the sleep program to be effective.
You agree to:
- Keep a sleep/wake/eating log during the time we are working together.
- Carry out the steps in the sleep plan we develop.
- Communicate openly with me about any questions or concerns about your child’s sleep, including any special needs, health issues, medical conditions, emotional situations.
- Discuss your experiences so that we may make any adjustments to the initial plan.
You acknowledge and understand that the sleep coaching program’s effectiveness depends upon consistent follow through on the program both during and after our work together.
3) Contacting Me. You may call me anytime between 7am and 9pm. Please leave a message if I do not answer. I will return your call the same day by 9pm or by the next day if you call after hours.
4) Cancellation. If you decide to cancel or reschedule your consultation I ask that you notify me at least 24 hours in advance so that I may offer your appointment time to another tired family. There will be a $50 cancellation fee for cancellations that occur without 24 hours notice.
5) Insurance. I do not accept insurance. You may submit my invoices to your insurance company but I cannot guarantee reimbursement for my fees or for expenses you may incur for the coaching sessions.
6) Confidentiality. I will keep the information you share with me confidential. You understand there are circumstances where I may be required by law to disclose information (for example, by court order). If this occurs, you release me from this obligation, but only for the information I am required to disclose.
7) Fees. My fee schedule consists of an initial consultation and a follow up consultation package, payable prior to booking the consultation.
8) Payment Method and Expenses. I accept cash, check, credit card, and payments thru PayPal. You will be responsible for any expenses for materials needed to implement the sleep plan. I cover my own expenses, except where I need to travel outside of a 40 kilometre radius from my office to meet with you. I will request a reimbursement at a rate of 55 cents per kilometre above and beyond the first 40 kilometres.
9) My Services are not Medical Advice. You understand that I am not a medical professional and will not advise you on medical conditions or make medical diagnoses. You also understand that your child’s sleep patterns or difficulty sleeping may be symptomatic of a condition for which medical intervention or medical treatment is advised. If you have any reason to believe that your child’s sleep difficulties may be related to a medical condition or that your child has health concerns that may be adversely affected by sleep coaching, it is advisable to consult with your child’s doctor before beginning the sleep coaching process. You are solely responsible for discussing any possible medical conditions with your child’s physician or other health professional. You understand that you assume primary responsibility for the health of your child and, to the extent permitted by law, you will not hold me or my practice responsible for any outcomes resulting from complications that are outside of my control.
10) Refunds. Full refunds will be offered prior to the initial consultation minus a $25 administration fee. Refunds requested after the initial consultation will be assessed individually based on the amount of time already invested into your sleep plan.
11) Entire Agreement. These terms reflect the entire understanding between us and may only be changed in writing, signed by both of us.
If a court decides any of the terms are unenforceable, we agree that these terms will be severable from the agreement and all other terms of our agreement will remain in effect.
I look forward to helping you and your family to make a gentle transition to a restful night’s sleep.